September 15, 2019, 03:08:22 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: VLC Flashing?  (Read 5647 times)

bworsfold

• View Profile
VLC Flashing?
« on: June 01, 2010, 12:00:35 AM »
I was wondering if anyone else is seeing the vlc external app invocation flash?  These are the settings I am using:
--video-x 0 --video-y 0 -Idummy --dummy-quiet --no-video-title-show --mouse-hide-timeout 1 $File[471] vlc://quit

When it runs, I momentarily see a black screen with Air at the top left corner and then you see VLC resize itself.  I am seeing this on a dual core 2.93 Ghz machine as well as my laptop.

Help and suggestions

Zhara

• View Profile
Re: VLC Flashing?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 02:37:01 AM »
That is exactly what is happening. And sometimes VLC remains in window on top of signage screen.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 06:38:07 AM »
I hope bworsfold helped with his vlc://quit  answer...
Thx for that.

Campbellked

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 08:50:32 PM »
I am having issues with vlc flashing also.  And to add to it... I am playing multiple files from one directory.  When the first video file finishes the next video starts but it is covered by the signage player and is not in the channel it's supposed to be in.  It is still playing, I can hear the audio, but in the channel get the message "External Player".  Again that happens after one of the videos plays correctly and it goes to the second in the playlist directory. 

any ideas on how I can stop it from doing that?

djdanny5000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 12:15:45 PM »
I am having issues with vlc flashing also.  And to add to it... I am playing multiple files from one directory.  When the first video file finishes the next video starts but it is covered by the signage player and is not in the channel it's supposed to be in.  It is still playing, I can hear the audio, but in the channel get the message "External Player".  Again that happens after one of the videos plays correctly and it goes to the second in the playlist directory. 

any ideas on how I can stop it from doing that?

I'm having the same exact issue. Any updates on how to fix this?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines