November 26, 2020, 12:52:45 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Synchronize scheduled timeline.  (Read 2156 times)

cloud

• View Profile
Synchronize scheduled timeline.
« on: March 03, 2013, 07:45:47 AM »
Hello!
I have a timeline that runs for 10 minutes in total.

If I schedule this timeline to start playing at 00:00 hours, the timeline would end the run of 00:10 hours, correct?

But if I put it in scheduler to run in an endless loop. It would be the same thing to put a timeline in sequence mode and repeating endlessly too.

But back in the timeline that was scheduled. If a station that has this campaign, which has scheduled timeline with this endless loop. If this station starts at 00:13, the current settings will start at the beginning of the timeline.

The suggestion is that the timeline begin / continue to run exactly where it should, for example:

00:00 ========== 00:10 <<< total time to finish the timeline and the timeline can start running again.
00:10 ========== 00:20 <<< loop the timeline again, correct?
If start the PLAYER/STATION at 00:13 :
00:13 ===>====== 00:20 <<< the current time and logic, the player would have to continue to run the timeline where it is being shown, not the beginning of timeline again.

I do not know if I explained correctly, but I think you can understand.

I believe it is simple to do that.  ;D

Thanks a lot.

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Synchronize scheduled timeline.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 09:39:38 AM »
What you say is perfectly right... Never noticed this let me check..

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Synchronize scheduled timeline.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 11:23:44 PM »
I am sort of with you , but not 100% on what you mean as to put it into an endless loop? I do not know of an option to repeat with the exception of Daily and Weekly. So if you placed the 10 minute timeline in the scheduler 144 times, it should reset at the next 10 min slot. So at  00:20 it would start fresh and the previous segment would have 3 seconds cut of from the end of it as the new timeline would not be told to start.

Am I making sense? I am a bit tired. Sorry.

Are you asking for the system to somehow know to start your content 3 min into it somehow, loosing the first 3 min instead of the last 3 min? I do not think the the content is time coded to do that if that is what you are asking. Maybe I am just misunderstanding what you are saying.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines