October 01, 2020, 03:45:00 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Folders in the Resources  (Read 3486 times)

Derek

• View Profile
Folders in the Resources
« on: January 15, 2011, 09:53:06 AM »
Hi,

I'm loving this Digital Signage and the use of the Adobe AS3 Frameworks. Maybe I'm missing it, but as I build up my Resources I could see it getting messy real fast.
Would it possible to have folders and folders within folders? Just keep things tidy. Allowing drag and drop would be cool too, especially if an asset is no longer being used but possibly again in the future...such as dropping it into a 'Not Used' Folder.
We currently are using a different signage system and have been testing with this one as I love the open creativity of AS3 and layers and any box can hold any type of AS3 compatible assets.
Thanks
Derek

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Folders in the Resources
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 06:18:59 PM »

Derek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 08:54:08 PM »
Yes. Thank you. Overlooked some the video tutorials. Too excited and just dove in. I'm reviewing the video tutorials now.
Thanks again,
Derek

Derek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 09:27:34 PM »
Actually. I'm referring to when you are in the 'Campaigns' -> 'Timelines' and you bring up the 'Toolbox'  tab then 'Resources'. It just lists 'All' with no folder abilities.

The same goes for when you  bring up the 'Scenes'. It just lists them 'All' not the folder structure I've created.

I currently use the Search function which works great when I know the name of the resource I'm looking for.

Its no biggie. I think I would rather see an ETA to the Ad Engine myself...

Thanks for all the hard work.
Derek

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 07:27:12 AM »
Here is a trick, goto resources. select your folder and after it's selected switch to campaign, you will now see only the selected folder from Resources.... and we will improve on it further in 2011.

Thx.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines