November 19, 2019, 02:19:13 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Flash SDK  (Read 4544 times)

cntv

• View Profile
Flash SDK
« on: December 25, 2010, 03:01:38 AM »
I have watched the flash SDK tutoiral several times. Also, have reviewed previous inquires about developing flash swf "templates"  using external xml files. It seems to me we never get a clear answer from the tutor about how we can develope swf files that can be "devloped to your specifications" as stated in the video. How can we develop and embed our own swf files and link the variable fields to the studio custom input fields?

I for one need a simple method for my clients to be able to just fill in the blanks on the templates I create for them. I can't expect them to learn all the aspects of the Studio. I just want to catagorize a bunch of templates so they can choose them and  easily change a name or picture and clcik ok.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Flash SDK
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 07:36:34 AM »
Hello,
The SDK is designed for developers only. A developer can download the source code and review the interfaces to re-develop it's purpose.
If you need custom developed swfs, it's best you get a Flash guy that can develop using our sample as a staring point.

Thank you for your interest in MediaSignage,

Eric - MediaSignage.com

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 06:13:05 PM »
Apart from the video tutorial, are there any documents like developer guide of the SDK?

Thanks.

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 12:38:40 AM »
One more question, could you provide a Kiosk sample(like restaurant module) implemented with Flash instead of Flex?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 05:41:38 AM »

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 06:19:44 PM »
Did you mean http://signage.me/files/kiosk.zip ? That is Flex project since there is no .fla file, only .as and .mxml files.

I watched all the 'Signage Tutorial' videos, and I found that all the samples implemented with Flash were not interactive.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 10:22:44 AM »
correct, that is a Flex module

Jay Traylor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 10:25:19 PM »
I don't know about many of you, but I am not a developer, just a guy in business trying to find another niche to make a living at. I really like the digital menu concept and believe there is a great market out there. (Would love to discuss this with other resellers in order to exchange ideas).
That said, I must say, I am a bit disappointed how this is not as easy as the website makes it out to be. I would think that restaurants would be a major player in the digital signage market place, yet there are so few resources out there to get us "up and running".
For instance, the scene for a burger and sandwich menu has the word sandwiched instead of sandwiches and you cannot edit that, also not enough room for any real descriptions. There are more abstract templates and scenes than real life usable ones.
When I inquired about a template, MS referred me to Blue Pony. I talked to them today and was told that even the most basic item would run around $500. That's too much for a basic menu board. The sales rep even told me to save my money and find a "flash guy" to help me.
Here is where I am confused. Why doesn't MS create a number of templates and sell them to us at a reasonable price, they make money, we get more screens going. Then we can all work on selling and not designing.
Also, I don't care if it is on 500 other digital menus in the world, neither would my customers.

If not, would you allow other resellers to sell us templates they create (to your specifications of course) and sell them to us?

I really like the product and think I will do fine, I just need to get busy selling.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 06:19:58 AM »
Hello Jay,
But we do have about 5 menu boards that are fully customizable (images, prices etc...) under the Import Scene option.  And rest assure in 2011 we will be adding MANY more...

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines