October 01, 2020, 08:57:58 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Quality of images  (Read 3988 times)

IPNDDS

• View Profile
Quality of images
« on: December 04, 2010, 10:35:48 PM »
Ok, I am absolutely certain that something is happening to degrade the quality of my images from design to display through Media Signage.  I've covered every base that I know of. 

My computer resolution is set to 1280x720, my screen canvas is 1280x720 with several screen divisions.  A main zone division is 950x640, a top right is 320x240, a bottom right is 320x392 and then a scroll at the bottom.

I design images to the EXACT size of the zone they are intended for and save as a .jpg at 100% quality.  The images are pristine with no pixelation or aliasing effects. 

I upload to my Resources and add the image to the timeline, save/upload and restart the signage player with the changes.  The changes appear but the quality appears degraded with rough and jagged edges on some of the text...definitely NOT what I put in.

Please, what is going on?  My client is beginning to notice some of these quality issues and I have no explanation and may have to abandon Media Signage as a result if I can't fix it.  Is something happening in the transition to Adobe Air/Flash?  Is there a quality setting somewhere?

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Quality of images
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 07:30:14 AM »
I can assure you Flash does not message the image quality.
Some value was missed for sure.
Try and make a SWF in Flash and embed your resource at fixed width and height and review the output.

vargasal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 01:58:08 PM »
the same happened to me, and i didnt find a solution. I have to make even my swf's files in a bigger resolution if they're going to have embedded images, texts, or vectors.  So my solutions is to make the documents on a bigger resolution, so when the media play them, the appear without any troubles

hope this can help you

pedroparamo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 10:50:26 AM »
Try using PNG files instead of jpegs--text in PNG's works a little better than jpegs.

CatchMe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 12:33:55 AM »
Cool to find this thread. Having the same problem myself (though mine if just for class). Will try both solutions then, save in a higher resolution and use png for text. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines