December 15, 2019, 12:00:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Caching column in SignageStudio monitoring  (Read 3946 times)

Zhara

• View Profile
Caching column in SignageStudio monitoring
« on: December 01, 2010, 12:11:01 AM »
Hello!

There was a similar topic ( newbielink:http://script.mediasignage.com/forum/index.php/topic,714.0.html [nonactive] ) which unfortunately was left unresolved. Would you please again explain what it means e.g. "28 of 29(1)" in caching column in SignageStudio "Stations" screen. And what to do to fix it?

Thank you!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Caching column in SignageStudio monitoring
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 08:25:14 AM »
It means that one of the files (1) did not download properly.
And if you see an issue (i.e.: in the presentation a resource does not play) you can click on the "Eraser" icon under "Stations" to clear all of the Player's cache

tlawrence

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 09:28:57 AM »
I'm running the mediaServer internally and I'm seeing this problem pretty consistently.  I created a pretty simple campaign and the Caching column shows 6 of 7(1).  If I leave the option on the station for rebooting the player on error, the station will just continually cycle the startup splash screen.  If I turn off the option to reboot on error, the presentation seems to display correctly.
I tried the presentation on 2 different stations and both have the same caching status.  I cleared the cache through the studio and I deleted and re-added a station with no success.  I also created a new campaign with a single screen division and 1 image and pushed that out to a station but I still see 6 of 7(1).  It doesn't make sense that with a single screen division and one image being displayed that it would even have a quantity of 7 in the Caching column. 
While it doesn't seem a big deal, I would like the behavior to accurately reboot the player on error.  Any advice is appreciated.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 04:49:33 PM »
Try and clear the cache using the eraser icon under stations and see if this resolves your issue...
Let us know.
FYI the new mediaSERVER 3.0 64 bit is now available.
The update is FREE but requires that you have Windows 2008 Server 64 bit
Always glad to help,

Eddie - MediaSignage.com

tlawrence

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 07:43:16 AM »
Clearing the cache using the eraser icon is one of the first things I tried as stated in my post. 
I'd have to rebuild the server to switch over to 64 bit, but if version 3 fixes some of the problems I've been running into, it might be worth it.  How do I obtain the new software?
Also, is there a version 3.0 that is x86?  And any release notes for this new version?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 07:18:51 PM »
Hello,
Please contact us via email and we will get you a new USB drive (FREE of course) so you can convert to the new meidaSERVER 64 bit.
Thank you for your interest in MediaSignage,

Eric - MediaSignage.com

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines