July 08, 2020, 09:55:48 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Display level of ad on top of external app using VLC  (Read 2871 times)

smilligan

• View Profile
Display level of ad on top of external app using VLC
« on: November 14, 2010, 10:22:06 AM »
Hello,

We have created a new campaign in 2.2x

This campaign as one screen resolution of 800x600

In this screen there are two divisions:
1) 800x600
2) 200x400

The 1st screen division takes up the entire screen and is used to play a movie using external app via VLC.

We want to pop up ads on top of the movie from time to time, so we created a second screen division  of 200x400 and have moved the z-order by dragging and dropping this new screen division above the 1st screen division in the Screens>Division tree.

However, when we play the campaign on WinXP host it seems that the 200x400 screen division (order = 0) never gets displayed on top of the external app that is assigned to channel of 800x600 screen division.

Does layering/levels of display screen divisions not work properly with external apps uses as resource in channel?  Or is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Sean

James

• View Profile
Re: Display level of ad on top of external app using VLC
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 11:50:48 AM »
I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I was not able to get VLC as an external app to appear below other screen divisions when I was trying last year either. What you might want to do instead is create a screen to show the VLC full screen, then change the timeline to switch to another screen that has it in a smaller screen division, with your ad adjacent to it... then switch back to the original screen when the ad is finished.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Display level of ad on top of external app using VLC
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 11:53:22 AM »
Correct, layering of screen divisions is not supports with external apps, since the app is outside our system and sites on TOP of everything else...

Thank you for your interest in MediaSignage,

Eric - MediaSignage.com

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines