November 19, 2019, 02:52:01 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Catalog Resources  (Read 4128 times)

bworsfold

• View Profile
Catalog Resources
« on: September 10, 2010, 12:20:48 AM »
So, I created a scene, put in a place holder for the Catalog Resource.  That seems to be working ok.  However, when the resource images come up, they are all resized to fit the area on the scene instead of the actual product image size.

Couple questions:

1) What do most people do when using the catalog feature?  Do they force a certain size to ensure they all look and behave the same? 
2) Is there a way for the scene / catalogue item to adjust to the resource image?

Thanks,

BradW

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Catalog Resources
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 06:39:11 AM »
You need to make sure you use the scene global constraints to insure the resource is set in place.

bworsfold

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 12:31:13 PM »
I guess what I am asking is if I have smaller images, they get stretched out to the max of what we have specified for the resource scene placeholder.  Larger images will get shrunk down.  This distorts the quality of the image.  Will global scene constraints help with this?

Do you have any good documentation or examples on how the scene constraints work?  Right now I have tried this a couple times but it feels like I am moving blindly on this feature.

Thanks,

BradW

bworsfold

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 04:53:25 PM »
Hello.  Any thoughts on this?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 06:29:39 AM »
You are right, constraints will keep an image in relative size to the scene it resides in.
What you can do is force WxH for an image so it's always the same / original size.
And use constraints to position the image at relative offset to the scene, keeping the WxH the same as the original.

Thank you for your interest in MediaSignage,

Eric - MediaSignage.com

bworsfold

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 11:50:35 PM »
This is working better with the image being sized properly.  One last thing I need to understand is whether we can also layer other resources into the scene?  It does not seem to be working.  The catalogue resource item works fine, I just can't add additional resources.  For example. a background image or a pricing label.  Is this possible?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 07:17:43 AM »
Yes you can... you must be missing something since it's just a regular scene that anything can be added to ...

bworsfold

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 05:40:05 PM »
ok....  I will try it again tonight.

bworsfold

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 12:16:53 AM »
So, it does work.  I just needed to lock an image in place.  For some reason it would keep moving off the scene...  Once locked, it seemed to work fine.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines