November 18, 2019, 06:26:56 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: HTML Component Unstable?  (Read 2439 times)

bdsignage

• View Profile
HTML Component Unstable?
« on: September 01, 2010, 09:00:07 AM »
We are considering a single player in our lobby to start with, and with possible future expansion to all remote offices and other floors later. For now I'm having the hardest time getting through a 5 minute campaign without the player crashing/restarting and it always seems to be when an HTML component ends/starts. We have one of the boxes provided by MediaSignage so I am assuming the hardware and software is as designed. What I have used for this trial setup is a number of HTML feeds that cycle within a 5 minute period, one site every 30-60 seconds. There are other components as well but even when I scale it down to just HTML the player crashes. I can add all the other bells and whistles 8-9 screen divisions and they work fine without HTML, but as soon as I add HTML it crashes... Is this a known issue? I can't find much in the forum on this so hoping that there is a fix or workaround. Some websites seem to cause the player to crash more often than other sites but overall the player seems to crash on any site one time or another... As it is right now, I can't recommend this solution to those in charge. Please, advise?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HTML Component Unstable?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:00:46 PM »
Yes, we have seen this before and this has to do with CSS and embedded fonts in some HTML web sites.
Try and point to cnn.com... works good right?

So now, you need to remove all CSS and see if works, and start adding one section at a time until you find which CSS portion is causing the Adobe HTML component to go nutz.... I am sure it will be something with embedded fonts...

Let me know

Regards,

Sean - MediaSignage.com

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines