December 15, 2019, 12:59:41 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Question about the Weather Player component  (Read 4417 times)

llalonde

• View Profile
Question about the Weather Player component
« on: August 02, 2010, 01:30:51 PM »
I created a weather forecast scene from scratch by importing my own background image and placing the proper Weather Items onto a scene, but I'm having trouble integrating it into my campaigns.

I named the scene "Weather Forecast" and set it to 430x448 pixels. The resource that I'm using as the background image is also 430x448.

The screen division on which the forecast will be playing is the same size as the scene, 430x448 pixels, and the "Weather Forecast" scene has been dropped into the Weather Player component's input.

Yet the scene always displays at the top-left corner of the screen division instead of stretching to fit it (even though it shouldn't have to stretch since they're the exact same size anyway).

I can use the constrain properties within the scene editor to center the weather forecast on the screen division but that doesn't make it enlarge to the right size. I'm probably missing something really simple here but I have no idea what it is. Any ideas?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the Weather Player component
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 01:53:57 PM »
That's right, you cannot enlarge as Scenes do not auto scale.
What you can do mark every object within the Scene to use Constraints and stretch it to X Y W H coordinates.

Thank you for your interest in MediaSignage,

Eric - MediaSignage.com

llalonde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 02:58:23 PM »
Why doesn't the scene occupy the full size of the screen division in the first place? They're the same size pixel-wise.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 03:14:06 PM »
The Scene itself will, but the resources must be set to constraints

llalonde

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 11:02:58 AM »
The resource is the same size though so it shouldn't be necessary to use constraints to orient it within the scene. If the resource is 430x448, the scene is 430x448, and the screen division is 430x448, why is the resource shrunk down and displayed at the top left corner of the scene when the campaign is previewed?

llalonde

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 02:38:16 PM »
I'm now having the same problem with a different campaign. The resource, scene, and screen division are all the exact same size in pixels but the resource is scaled down when the campaign is previewed. How exactly should the constraints be configured to stretch the resource? I understand how to use the constraints to orient the resource within the scene, but I'm not sure how to stretch it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines