October 29, 2020, 12:16:41 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Task Bar and VirtualDub.....  (Read 3208 times)

DSTechie

• View Profile
Task Bar and VirtualDub.....
« on: July 18, 2010, 12:28:59 AM »
Hi,

1. We have observed that when VirtualDub opens from within the Signage player application, sometimes the windows task bar opens at the bottom on the display screen and stays. Only when we move or click the mouse button the task bar goes...Why does this happen ??

2. Also, sometimes we have also observed that the VirtualDub screen from within the signage player application goes blank and does not display the TV Channel....any reason on why this is happening ??

Regards
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 12:32:54 AM by DSTechie »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Task Bar and VirtualDub.....
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 07:41:41 AM »

As for issues #1, make sure you run the SignagePlayer in "Real" mode. Which you can set under "Stations" in the SignageStudio.
As for #2, I am not aware of such an issue, be sure to use the AverMedia Gold EZDVD and also be sure to run our latest build 2.1.4002 to try and resolve the issue.

Thank you for your interest in MediaSignage,

Eric - MediaSignage.com

ReggaeLady

• View Profile
Re: VirtualDub.....
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 01:22:03 PM »
Hi,
I notice that VDub is opening before the player completes loading and then there is another instance of VDub which then comes up Blank in the TV Zone and covers the 1st instance.  I then have to go in remotely and stop the player/use Task Manager to Close the 1st VDUB and then restart th player again. This apparently happens occasionally on a restart of the Player or restart of the PC. Please check and advise why this is happening. (VDUB needs to WAIT until the player finishes loading).

ALSO...Occasionally on a restart or reboot of the PC....VDub changes from Channel 3 to Channel 4 (Seems Channel 4 is the default)..
Can you please make Channel three (3) the default for VDUB...Or is there a way to do this otherwise within the VDub software?

Its difficult to manage multiple locations with these errors and the clients are getting frustrated..I need a quick fix on this :)

Thanks in advance,

SM

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines