October 29, 2020, 01:00:59 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Change TV Tuner Channel via Signage Studio  (Read 4295 times)

Erik-WDI

• View Profile
Change TV Tuner Channel via Signage Studio
« on: June 16, 2010, 02:48:00 PM »
I'm surprised no one's asked for this before, but it would be very helpful to be able to assign the capture channel for VirtualDub within the signage studio. I have a client who wanted me to program all the world cup games to be shown at the correct time, but they are showing the games on 3+ different channels. As a work-around, I have to set a reminder to remote into the player and change the channel setting in VirtualDub for the next game. There's a command-line switch to set the tuner channel in virtualdub (/capchannel), but when I use this switch with the other switches set-up by the studio it doesn't seem to pass through to the application. I have only gotten it to work when setting a custom app and then using vdub's switches, but this results in the vdub's menu bar being visible. Is there another way to do this that I am missing? Other than just getting a cable box and letting the client deal with it?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Change TV Tuner Channel via Signage Studio
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 06:36:28 AM »
It is on our road map.
Regards,
Eddie.

ReggaeLady

• View Profile
‘Already Running’ Issue with Virtual VCR.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 01:30:56 PM »
Hi,
I'm having the error ‘Already Running’ Issue with Virtual VCR. No idea why it has popped up again. I have to be checking the players every 3 hours and Every time I checked today the error is there.
With World Cup going on the location gets very anxious as clients complain.
Is there any way around this?
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

I have to use VVCR on those players as for some reason VDub does not work with the capture card I have in those players already out in the field.
Please help ASAP.
Thanks,
SM

ReggaeLady

• View Profile
Re: ‘Already Running’ Issue with Virtual VCR.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 08:00:10 PM »
Hi,
I'm having the error ‘Already Running’ Issue with Virtual VCR. No idea why it has popped up again. I have to be checking the players every 3 hours and Every time I checked today the error is there.
With World Cup going on the location gets very anxious as clients complain.
Is there any way around this?
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

I have to use VVCR on those players as for some reason VDub does not work with the capture card I have in those players already out in the field.
Please help ASAP.
Thanks,
SM

With regards to the Virtual VCR....On one of my Many times of having to remotely go in and click on the error 'ok' button on the TV zone...I noticed the player restarting leaving the VVCR playing on the desktop hence when it came back up it gave the error 'Virtual VCR Already Running'.

Any idea on how to ensure that VVcr closes on a restart/reboot of the player??

This is now getting very 'OLD' and I need a solution for it.
Please help....anyone!!

SM

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Change TV Tuner Channel via Signage Studio
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 06:41:41 AM »
Go ahead and email us and we will provide a private build for you to test...

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines