October 16, 2018, 05:34:53 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Google Drive Switching Between Folders  (Read 1220 times)

steveRedMinnow

• View Profile
Google Drive Switching Between Folders
« on: October 03, 2017, 08:44:58 AM »
I have a client who has 3 different "sections" of items they want to display in their signage: Work Anniversaries, Birthdays, and Upcoming Events. They are creating graphics for all of these and want to manage them in directories in Google Drive and want the digital signage player to randomly load one from each category in that order: 1st an anniversary graphic, then a birthday one, and finally an upcoming event.

Overall this is easily accomplished in Signage Studio, but as I am creating a 24 hr timeline for the project, but is there a better way then copying and pasting 3 different Google Drive components that are each 10 seconds long over and over again to fill the 24 hr space? I realize I could make it shorter, like to 10 or 12 hours, but the client does not want the screen to go to black, (when the timeline ends and restarts), and that is still a lot of copying /pasting....one element at a time.

Any suggestions are helpful! Thanks in advance!

steveRedMinnow

• View Profile
Re: Google Drive Switching Between Folders
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 02:32:26 PM »
I have come up with a work-around and have created a common channel and added the 3 different Google Drive components on it. I just have them there once and that channel loops indefinitely without the cut to black at the end. It appears to work fine. So this may be the best solution. If you have others, I would love to hear about them.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 03:27:24 PM »
tx for the feedback, yep that's a good solution

steveRedMinnow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 07:52:08 AM »
The only issue I have with this solution is that the images don't cross fade. The first image just cuts out and the next image fades in. This happens 100% of the time. It would be great to have the cross fade work, and I have set transitions to inherit from the Campaign and still get this. I have also set the transitions on each level:Campaign, Timeline and Scene and still get the same results.

I can live without it, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines