November 19, 2018, 11:46:21 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Update a single campaign  (Read 931 times)

JPowell@HarmonyTx.org

• View Profile
Update a single campaign
« on: September 15, 2017, 08:46:15 AM »
Good morning.
I have got four campaigns running here at school.  Two of them get updates very frequently throughout the day with the status of students computer repair requests.  Currently I am using excel to list the students and their status in a grid.  Then save it as a jpg every time I need to update. Upload the jpg into my resource and add the new jpg into the proper place holder on the status campaign.  Then save/upload.  Now the question.  Is two part.  1) Is there a way to upload just that one campaign so that the other campaign screens do not also upload and get the uploading screen even though nothing is changing on them?  2)  Anyone have a better cleaner way to do the status than what I am doing?  Thanks y'all

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Update a single campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 09:52:18 AM »
Assuming you are using the desktop pro version,
When you save and upload, there is a checkbox there that gives you the option to update all the players, uncheck that and then hit ok. So that your changes are uploaded to the server.
Then go to STATIONS, and select the stations you want to push updates to by clicking on it, and then click the PLAY button, it will ask you if you want to update the station hit ok. Done.

The easiest way to do what you're doing is to make use of google sheet, and the sheet component, with this setup the data is updated live within a few minutes of editing the Google Sheet online. But this component is an enterprise only feature.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines