July 22, 2017, 01:32:00 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Scripting  (Read 80 times)

steveRedMinnow

• View Profile
Scripting
« on: July 17, 2017, 02:12:01 PM »
Has the Scripting Privilege been removed in version 6 of Signage Studio? This was a HUGE reason we moved to this platform!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Scripting
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 04:01:24 PM »
The scripting will be back soon as we are re-factoring the feature.
However I believe most can now be achieved with events and conditional statements in 6.0.
You using the scripting already? And what are you trying to achieve so we can assist.

steveRedMinnow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 05:27:37 AM »
Thanks for responding. That is good to hear that it will be back. Is there a timeframe for this?

After an extensive review of yours and other services, we made the decision last week to use your system. So I do not have any code in use at the moment. However, I have been an AS3 programmer since it came out and was very excited about the possibilities of adding functionality with it. I will definitely use scripting for timers but have wilder thoughts as well, including connecting to a local SQLite database. I have done no testing in that regards, and it may be outside of the capabilities of the system.

We were also excited about the possibility of creating custom components that integrate with the system, but it appears that you removed that capability a while back, correct? It is sometimes difficult to understand what is still within the system and what is not, since you have a tremendous amount of legacy posts in the forum. Do you have a roadmap available for the system? It would be great to see where you are headed as well as what items have been deprecated.

Thanks!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 09:38:34 AM »
so I spoke to the dev team, what we have done in release 6.0 is make custom dev a lot more powerful.

option 1: removed the scripting and instead introduced a custom module with full access to the entire API in AS3, we will have a sample project that you can use to create any application or component you like with this new feature, all in AS3

option 2: new HTML5 based dev env based on the latest Google node web kit engine and we will provide a sample project built on top of the new latest version of Google's Angular framework

Both of these features will be introduced at the final release stage of mediaCLOUD 6.0

hope this helps

regards

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines