February 23, 2024, 05:34:06 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Easier resource ID within campaign  (Read 4719 times)

RCAinUT

Easier resource ID within campaign
« on: May 14, 2010, 08:29:40 AM »
Although the thumbnail has been invaluable, I would really appreciate the ability to view the "name" of the resource which has been added to a channel.  Hovering over would be great, but even just a text field to state the resource name would help.  I have many slides that are similar, and difficult to tell the difference when trying to rearrange a campaign.

Thanks!

admin

• Administrator
Re: Easier resource ID within campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 07:22:36 PM »
I am not sure I understand, when you drag a resource to the timeline, you do see the TEXT name of the resource just after the thumbnail
Please explain.

Thank you for your interest in MediaSignage,

Eric - MediaSignage.com

RCAinUT

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 05:38:26 PM »
I do see at least part the name if the resource is in the timeline for longer than 7-8 seconds.  If I have a large number of 5-7sec resources that are similar, I cannot tell the difference and do not have a way to tell which resource it is.

If I am displaying a portion of a menu for 5 seconds, and have to update it with just a few changes, even the thumbnail looks identical.  I would have to drag the duration out quite a bit, and then put it back.

If clicking on a resource or other object within a timeline is able to display the Player's Offset Time and Duration for that object, could we not also see just the name?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 07:44:32 AM »
Ok, we will add a hover capability.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines