December 09, 2021, 03:35:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: JSON player doesn't work on any Android players  (Read 5717 times)

onyx

• View Profile
JSON player doesn't work on any Android players
« on: August 04, 2016, 02:32:14 PM »
Hi dear admin, I spent two days with support, one day with Ron and another day with Joe, to reach to a consensus that despite what we thought, currently JSON player doesn't work on any android devices, that include MediaDroidX and Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy 10.1, and Android OS 4.x to 6.x. Through JSON player, video formats like H.264 MP4 and FLV, images like JPG, are not showing on any android devices.

But world weather, which also utilizes JSON to display only text, can work without any problems in the same environment.

Also, JSON player doesn't smooth videos (anti-alias) if the video is played in a different size than its resolution, no matter in PC or Android.

I understand that you guys are working on MediaTouch, but these basic functions need to be taken care of so that your effort in developing these cool features won't be wasted and can be finally put in use in the real production environment. I truly hope debugging will have the same, even higher priority than building new features. Otherwise new features will end up being there but not completely functional.

These two JSON player features (compatible to Android and smooth/antialias) will cause us to lose our contract if we can't get these fixes in time. Please help!!! Deeply appreciated!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 08:38:10 AM by onyx »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: JSON player doesn't work on any Android players
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 09:37:37 AM »
the Anti aliasing is something that will be improved (and personally I find that it looks fine as is)
we did testing on our end and the reason it's not working for you with your service provider is because you must enable CORS.
JSON is part of JS rfc and if CORS not enabled on your serving host it gets blocked, that's why weather will work since we serve it and we enable CORS.

See: https://www.w3.org/TR/cors/

if for example you move your resources to dropbox and link via public url, or ISS (we tested) it will work as it works with CORS.

hope that will help you fix it on your end,

regards
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:39:32 AM by admin »

onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 02:56:30 PM »
Thank you admin.

I apologize that I am not an expert on CORS. So are you suggesting that we should try to enable CORS on both our S3 server and EC2 server, where we host all our media files, so that Android will play JSON driven videos and images? Also, does this mean, CORS doesn't affect PC, but only Android, in this case?

As to the anti-alias, here is a side by side comparison, if you can watch it in 1:1 actual size, you will notice a big difference. If you watch the videos on screen, the difference is day and night.

(Note:  all the other video players on the market can achieve the far left sample result by using anti-alias.)

If you can fix this in the next update, it will REALLY make a day and night difference to the quality and save your users' lives!

Thanks again.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 03:25:33 PM »
As mentioned, the quality will be moved to GPU on the next release and we can't submit any changes while the code is open (i'ts part of the mediaTOUCH release)
for CORS I recommend you google and even try things diff services like dropbox and see what works and what doesn't for you...

onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 06:29:57 AM »
Thank you admin.

So I understand "it will be ready when it's ready". When do you think we can expect the MediaTouch to be available? Since this is a new product with a totally different name, it sounds like lots of changes. Will we need to re-adapt to the new software and remake lots of assets to our current deployed stations in order to make it work or to utilize the new features?

Thank you so much for the tips.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 11:54:02 AM »
the mediaTOUCH will take our current Interactive Digital Signage solution to the next level.
our offering for touch has been around for many years and we are about to SUPERSIZE it with ton of new awesome tools...
ready to be amazed?!?!?!

onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 10:23:10 AM »
Of course! Please amaze us!

Maybe I have been out of loop for too long. For our non-interactive campaigns, can we still benefit from it? Will it replace current signage studio/player?

Approximately when will MediaTouch be available? Will we need to make changes to our current deployed stations in order to utilize the new features?

Thank you so much for the upcoming excitement!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 04:14:28 PM »
no special changes on your part... and yes many of the existing components will receive the benefits of the new GPU system, for example a much smoother and special effects RSS slider... just as an example.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines