December 07, 2019, 08:46:19 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: JSON players don't smooth videos  (Read 2880 times)

onyx

• View Profile
JSON players don't smooth videos
« on: July 21, 2016, 08:45:08 AM »
Hi, I just ran lots of tests and confirmed that, the JSON player will not smooth videos no matter the resolution or the codec.

Right now JSON player can loop, auto forward to the next item, which already made the timeline based video playlist 10 times better. It's so close to make Digital Signage a PERFECT solution.

No matter if it's low-res or hi-res video, JSON player will scale it to the size of the JSON player dimension, but leave the anti-alias off. This cause the video to look very jaggy and ugly.

Basically this bug makes JSON player almost useless, despite the effort that we spent developing a website to allow customers to choose their videos and to generate JSON file, because it just doesn't look good.

Please keep us noticed when this will be fixed, so we can plan our rollout. Thanks a ton.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:49:05 AM by onyx »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: JSON players don't smooth videos
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 10:45:27 AM »
is this a new issue you ran into in SignagePlayer 5.0? or same as 4.0?

onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 11:03:18 AM »
I am running 5.0.81 player. I haven't tried it in 4.x. Sorry I can't provide more info. If you can give me a link to the previous version, I will be happy to help test out.

onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 08:25:58 AM »
Hi dear admin, this issue is really important. Do you have an estimate when your team would probably start working on it? Thanks a lot and lot!

onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 08:37:04 AM »
Hi dear admin, this issue is really important. Do you have an estimate when your team would probably start working on it? Thanks a lot and lot!

The player 5.0.99 has the same issue.

Also, I noticed that Android Player v5.0.4 doesn't support JSON player at all.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 09:30:25 AM »
we can't provide a fix for a problem we don't see.
we ran numerous tests and all is passing on our end.

you must be doing something wrong as we do support all json in android

please speak to live chat for further info

regards
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:41:14 AM by admin »

onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 12:19:06 PM »
Sorry, I probably shouldn't distract you to Android, which is not our focus. But PC is definitely our most important focus.

For PC version of the player software, I provided our testing account credentials with Ron and tested with him. All our videos are H.264 MP4. Testing videos are include 360P, 540p, 720p, 1080p. There is no anti-alias whatsoever.

I do everything exactly based on the JSON tutorial. You are more than welcome to log in to our test account. Maybe you will see something we overlooked.

This is very important to us, thank you so much!!!

onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 12:46:58 PM »
Hi admin, I just emailed you some screenshots for your reference. Sorry I can't post them here due to company policy. Hope my screenshots helps. Thank you so much.

onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 09:17:23 AM »
Hi there, with Eddie's help, I just found out that, the regular timeline video player also doesn't have smooth / anti-alias function since it was developed many years ago. Do you want to add this feature to the player this time, since this is a really basic and must-have function that every video player on the market already has for more than 20 years. (the oldest windows media player and quicktime have it, the flash AS2 video player even has it.)

Thank you so much again. Hope this time this historical bug can be fixed.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 10:41:22 AM »
we will not be adding this as we have other components which will be replacing the legacy component with the new mediaTOUCH coming late this year, hope this clear things up.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines