October 17, 2019, 09:25:42 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: transition timing from spreadsheet field "start time"?  (Read 1410 times)

jdub

• View Profile
transition timing from spreadsheet field "start time"?
« on: July 20, 2016, 09:59:21 AM »
what is the best way to handle this...

we will have multiple training rooms over multiple days with displays outside of each room that needs to display that room's current training session, who is presenting, and also what the next training topic will be in that room, and when the next session will begin, etc.   This information should remain for the duration of that current  training session.  When that session's time is over, move to the next session and so forth.

the client is providing one master spreadsheet containing what is happening at specific times on specific days in each room.  i.e - room #, Day, start time, end time, topic, presenter, etc.

for instance, between 8:00am and 9:30am for room 103B on Wednesday the display should read [8:00am - 9:30am John Doe is presenting "XYZ" topic.  the next session in this room is Jane Smith presenting "ABC" starting at 9:45am].  This info needs to be displayed from 8:00 - 9:30 am.  after which the display should become - [9:45 - 11:30 Jane Smith is presenting "ABC topic.  the next session is Bob Jones presenting "123" starting at 12:00pm.]

I know that fields can be pulled from spreadsheets to display the required info, but can the transition to the next data set be triggered by field also?  i.e. the "start time" field being equated to "real" clock time to advance to the next record?

"manually" scheduling all of this in the timeline for each room is a giant PIA.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 10:01:14 AM by jdub »

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines