November 18, 2019, 07:37:02 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Interactive Bussines Directory on Android  (Read 2394 times)

mayte

• View Profile
Interactive Bussines Directory on Android
« on: July 06, 2016, 12:08:31 PM »
Hello:

I am a software developer but rather new to the SignageStudio, so bear with me please.

We are deploying 50 Android Tablets with a presentation containing several screen divisions with JPG's, SWF video and an Interactive Bussines Directory (something kind of like this blablabla.youtube.com/watch?v=a3X9643ZDnA); I was told that HTML component does not work on Android  :( ...  any ideas that will work on Android?

I can develop a JSON/XML service on our end, is the Signage end that I am confussed.

Thanks!

Mayte
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:11:15 PM by mayte »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Interactive Bussines Directory on Android
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 10:33:06 AM »
Hello
I am not sure who told you the the HTML component does not work in Android.
But sure it does, IN FACT, we use WebView which will use the NATIVE built in browser that is used by your tablet.
So the HTML rendering engine will be as powerful as your native pre-installed browser (well the same one)
just try it, drag the HTML component, use it and preview in Android

BUT, HTML may not be the best option, I recommend using our Scenes with JSON, see this: http://www.digitalsignage.com/_html/video_tutorials.html?videoNumber=JSON

regards

mayte

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 07:04:11 AM »
Hello:

You are right HTML Component is working perfect; my presentation is running perfect on Android+HTML Component on a common channel.

Now what I am trying to achieve is to make the screen division, for the HTML Component, bigger once user starts interacting with HTML Component (maybe change timeline upon clicking on HTML component button) and go back to original size once user is done with the HTML Component (then again maybe change timeline upon clicking on HTML component button).

Live Chat told m that can't be done, not even with enterprise.

Thanks for your support.

Mayte

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 09:08:40 AM »
it can be done, but requires some work. what you can do is via JavaScript capture clicks and pass these events to our API via sendCommand to the SignagePlayer at which point the event is captured and you can switch timelines.
Now, this will all become much easier with our next release of mediaTOUCH coming late this year.

for sendCommand see:
http://www.digitalsignage.com/_html/video_tutorials.html?videoNumber=EventsTriggers

regards

mayte

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 05:04:22 PM »
Hi; I checked the EventsTriggers Tutorial; the same presentation is running on 50 different devices so I need a way for every device to POST its IP+Port or DeviceID when user click a specific button inside the HTML component, so when user clicks the "go back to normal size" remote webserver post to the correct digitalsignage device.

in the other hand mediaTOUCH is a device o software?

Thanks

Mayte
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 07:33:47 PM by mayte »

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines