February 20, 2020, 02:59:11 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: HTML5 don't work with windows player  (Read 2281 times)

ilvampiro

• View Profile
HTML5 don't work with windows player
« on: May 30, 2016, 10:27:51 AM »
Hello, i have a problem with HTML5 component.

If use HTML5 component ( external html5 link) in my Timelines, it don't work with Windows Player, but with android player it work correctly.

Have you a solution for tihs issue?

mtrigg

• View Profile
Re: HTML5 don't work with windows player
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 11:54:49 AM »
Usually this is the case if the HTML contents of the page are not compatible with their built in browser in the signage platform. I'm pretty sure that the Android version uses a different web browser because its a different platform so it is displaying for you. What is the URL of the HTML content you are trying to display? I can see if it is a problem on your Windows computer, or incompatibility with signage in general.

For instance, today all of my Google Slides URLs quit displaying/loading inside of Signage Windows Player. This was due to a Google Slides platform update. We are having to use firefox external app inside of a zoned screen division to patch our issue with a solution. But in some cases we're having to switch to a different signage platform in general due to MediaSignage's low feature support from within the HTML Component. A lot of times JavaScript fails to load and certain things just aren't supported.

detectmybrowser.com or whatismybrowser.com

I use this tool to see what all is supported within the player and compare it to my browser to see what I can and cannot do in some cases.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines