November 19, 2019, 02:09:31 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Timeline schedules problem on Android Player  (Read 5218 times)

arcos

• View Profile
Timeline schedules problem on Android Player
« on: April 11, 2016, 09:30:49 PM »
Hello,
I think that I found a serous bug / problem in timelines schedules function on Android Player.
Because a Power Saving mode (Monitor off) doesn't work on my Android Player (I don't know if this problem occurs on all android devices) I decided to use a Scheduler for my timelines and display screen only during working hours - for the rest of the day I left empty schedule to make screen black.
But in my case "continuous play" function works in scheduler too. If there is nothing after scheduled timeline, this timeline is playing still even after scheduled hours.
To avoid this problem I created empty timeline and inserted it for short period of time after scheduled playing hours of my main timeline. It works but I saw that sometimes my main timeline doesn't start on scheduled time. I think that this situation occurs when empty timeline has higher priory than main timeline (even if empty timeline ends a long before main timelines starts).

This situation is very annoying.

Best regards,
Arcos

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Timeline schedules problem on Android Player
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 11:32:47 AM »

A schedule will continue to play if there is nothing scheduled after it this is by design, your work around of putting an empty timeline after your scheduled time is correct if you want to blank out a screen this is by design as we dont want the screen to go blank unintentionally.  And then if the 2 schedules overlap each other, the higher priority schedule will always take effect.

arcos

• View Profile
Re: Timeline schedules problem on Android Player
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 04:40:11 PM »
Ok. thank you for your answer. But i still think that a high priority with continue play doesn't work correctly.
I have a time schedule like this:
_________LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLH__________

where:
_ - is an empty space (nothing scheduled)
L - timeline with lower priority
H - empty timeline with higher priority

In this situation for the fist time after a player was started L timeline is played correctly. After that H timeline makes screen blank and starts to play as a continue play. Next day on the time when L should start we have still H as a continue play with higher priority and screen is still blank. When I restart player everything is fine again. Now I'm using empty timeline with the same priority as regular timeline with content and everything is fine but in my opinion something is wrong with priorities.

Best regards.
Arcos

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines