August 16, 2018, 06:19:52 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Can't seem to get PDF's working  (Read 1998 times)

bmcniel

• View Profile
Can't seem to get PDF's working
« on: March 24, 2016, 01:45:15 PM »
I'm pretty good at understanding the concepts and reading all the documentation, but I am at a loss as to why I am not able to display PDF documents. I am using the latest versions of studio and player. I have used several different PDF's. I have loaded them to the cloud, and also hosted them myself as an external resource. No luck.

A strange experiment, knowing that you need a powerpoint viewer for PPT's, I decided to load acrobat reader on the player. It actually displays every PDF but in a program window as if you opened acrobat reader. I know this is not the way it should be done but it's the only success I've had.

I could really use the PDF ability. I have a lot of PDF docs to display and converting them to PNG or any other image format really wrecks the text. Even went as far as a PDF to SWF converter. It worked but this is a step of last resort right now.

Does anybody know any tips on displaying PDF files?

skim86

• View Profile
Re: Can't seem to get PDF's working
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 02:48:50 PM »
Bump, Have you figured out why by any chance?

I too am having this problem where a PDF uploaded as a resource will not display and really dont want to utilize a work around.

Xclamo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 02:23:21 AM »
Also BUMP!
I figured it was because I use Android players... But then I read that it should work with them too.
Now I tried different Windows players and no luck!
Is there any "trick" like Powerpoint where it has to be a specific size or something???

Filla

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 08:14:11 AM »
Need to have acrobat installed on the player.  It uses acrobat to display PDFs in the window.

Cheers.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines