June 26, 2019, 03:10:56 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Dual Display  (Read 1708 times)

pashworth

• View Profile
Dual Display
« on: March 21, 2016, 02:57:08 AM »
Hi, I've got several windows based touch screen computers around our factory shopfloor, and I'd like to connect several TV screens to a few of these touch screens via the VGA port, so I'd be looking to display the campaign on the TV's and use the Touch Screens for other functions. At the moment I'm just testing this scenario on a Laptop and monitor, I have the laptop graphics properties set to extended display. My problem is that the campaign tries to play across the extended display, I don't seem to be able to get the campaign to only play on the monitor, any help please.

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dual Display
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 05:31:48 AM »
Is the touch screen functions also part of the signage player if that is the way then you might have to look at how u have created the screens. If you are trying to use campaigns for TV from signage player and keep the touchscreen functions from the PC i.e having both signage as well as PC application then that is not possible

pashworth

• View Profile
Re: Dual Display
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 01:50:35 AM »
Both touch screen and TV are doing different functions, the touch screens are used for times and attendance and job bookings.

I've actually found a workaround, if I log in and play the campaign through a browser then I can run the campaign on the TV and use the touch screen for other functions.

However, I don't seem to be able to update the campaigns remotely, if I change something I've got to physically walk round to each PC and stop and start the campaign for changes to take effect.

RaymondGam

• View Profile
Dual Display
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 12:39:43 AM »
no it was my input... as i was wondering the same, as i may be going dual display soon... could have been a bit of both

Oh yeah, while were on dual displays, is it possible to run a game on one monitor, and then the desktop and other applications on the other. Or is it me dreaming, im not too up on dual displays... as you may very well be able to tell

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines