August 23, 2019, 04:00:02 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Kiosk not starting back in front of other windows  (Read 2165 times)

ukdigital

• View Profile
Kiosk not starting back in front of other windows
« on: March 04, 2016, 09:09:59 AM »
Hi, I have setup a few players in kiosk mode, so when the user moves the mouse the player stops for x seconds and then restarts, the issue I have is the signage presentation then starts behind what ever I have open and never gains the front of the display again?

Can anyone help I am pulling my hair our, I promised a customer this would be simple :( thanks

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Kiosk not starting back in front of other windows
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 02:05:18 PM »
Please logon to live chat so we can take a look at what exactly is happening .

ukdigital

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 12:24:14 PM »
OK tried to get through to chat but no one about will try later...

I have worked again this all day as I'm going to kick myself if I have done something stupid...

I have setup a simple campaign, then as I want this to display on a POS system and come on as a screen saver, I have chosen kiosk mode and mouse interrupt, and chosen desktop as timeline, all as per the video, now if the screensaver starts and there is nothing open on the desktop, then all is fine and the presentation starts up in the correct time and takes over full screen, BUT if anyone has a program open, in this case its a POS program, the presentation opens up behind the open window, if the POS software is full screen you cant even see the presentation....

Now I have tried this with chrome, plain file browsers and many many more, and all of them stay on top of the presentation when it comes back to play... now one thing, in the video the user doesn't touch the browser window, and the presentation comes back over the top, now this is correct if you open a program and don't click on it or touch it (touch screen) this window or program is still not chosen as being used and the presentation opens on top, but if you use the program and therefore chose it as the main window, then it stays on top of the presentation?

I have tried win7, 8, 8.1, 10 all do the same, I have also tried the old version of the player with the controller and stuff, still the presentation opens behind the program, the only time you can get the presentation to start over the open program if you have used the program is to restart the presentation from the studio and then the presentation starts on top as it should...?

Please any help would be amazing?

DS4Egeoisystems

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 01:51:28 AM »
I have the same problem, i thought the other program was the cause, but now i tried with others and happens the same.

Signage player stay behind.

Please any help with this

Best regards 

DS4Egeoisystems

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 08:19:53 AM »
Hello any advance with this....

thanks for help @ukdigital any suggestions?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 12:13:40 PM »
Confirmed that this is a bug filed a bug report , This bug will be addressed later this year with our new mediaTOUCH  release, which will include lots of new enhancements

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines