September 22, 2020, 03:03:51 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Scheduling Playback  (Read 2802 times)

gchambers

• View Profile
Scheduling Playback
« on: July 13, 2015, 09:30:19 AM »
I like the daily reboot functionality as it seems to make the player more stable/reliable however the only setting is to reboot everyday.  Unfortunately, I also use the power saving function which turns the player on and off at specific times each day.  May I suggest to make upgrade this toolset with more options such as:
1. Add the ability to reboot on certain days of the week
2. Add the ability to turn on and off multiple times per day
3. Instead of the media player automatically starting to play after a reboot by default, offer the option of the media player going back to the last known state to allow more control

Keep up the good work upgrading this application!

KennethZeS

• View Profile
Scheduling Playback
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 10:17:02 PM »
I had a problem like this b4,I installed window 7 ULT 64bit again installed codec packs and power dvd 10 it was free with something i bought and the problem was gone for me.

Paul of Mo

• View Profile
Re: Scheduling Playback
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 09:38:00 AM »
I like the daily reboot functionality as it seems to make the player more stable/reliable however the only setting is to reboot everyday.  Unfortunately, I also use the power saving function which turns the player on and off at specific times each day.  May I suggest to make upgrade this toolset with more options such as:
1. Add the ability to reboot on certain days of the week
2. Add the ability to turn on and off multiple times per day
3. Instead of the media player automatically starting to play after a reboot by default, offer the option of the media player going back to the last known state to allow more control

Keep up the good work upgrading this application!

YES - Please!

I have had to put digital outlet timers on a few of my clients screens because watchdog does not detect certain freezes.    If I we could set a spec to restart the player every few hours then lots of problems would go away.

So - YES - Please! 

- Paul

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines