October 20, 2018, 02:39:58 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Touch Screen Drivers?  (Read 6521 times)

jasonwgreen

• View Profile
Touch Screen Drivers?
« on: January 11, 2016, 07:40:38 PM »
Hello,
I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to get a touch screen kiosk working using your MediaDroid-150 android computer and have also tested with your MediaDroid-90 tv stick.  The touch screen is a standard Dell LCD monitor with HDMI video and USB touch outputs. 

It works immediately with any windows computer without installing any drivers or anything, but it doesn't work on Android.  It seems to be doing *something* because the cursor goes to the upper left hand side of the screen and stays there, and I sometimes register a 'click' input in that position.

Obviously there is a setting wrong or a driver missing.  I've seen several other threads in this forum asking for help on this over the years with no response at all.

Can someone please advise me on how to get a touch screen LCD working with your hardware?
Thanks!
Jason

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Touch Screen Drivers?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 09:03:35 PM »
I am not sure if you can find general drivers like windows OS.. You will have to get the inbuilt android screens like tablets

jasonwgreen

• View Profile
Re: Touch Screen Drivers?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 06:49:35 AM »
Unfortunately I think you are right... after googling extensively it looks like it is very difficult to get a standard touch screen LCD monitor to work with Android. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines