November 28, 2021, 04:11:25 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Rookie here. Working on Some hardware issues, please help!  (Read 8677 times)

digital_sign

• View Profile
Rookie here. Working on Some hardware issues, please help!
« on: December 19, 2015, 03:43:09 PM »
 :-[ So I am rather new to the signage game.

I have pretty much got my skills down somewhat with Studio Enterprise and was about to dip my toe into the hardware arena.  I have some questions I need some help with.

I purchased a 32gb mediaDROID X and went out and purchased an LG LF5400 43" LED display to broadcast my signage. Here are the problems I am encountering.

Until I get the mediaDROID, I am running a dual display of my Windows 10 laptop outputting to the new LG TV and the resolution of the laptop is clearly NOT 1920x1080 because my signage is completely cut off.  I checked the manufacturers details on the LG display and it says the resolution is 1920x1080.  When I select info from the television remote up pops a window that says my monitor is running on the HDMI input at 1080i.  Is there a difference between 1080p and 1080i and will this effect my mediaDROID setup which should be arriving in a few weeks?

Why is my display so wonky?  Why can't I get the laptop to output a dual display resolution that will truly be 1920x1080 on my LG set? I can't get any testing done on this monitor until I resolve the resolution issue and the droid box isn't arriving here for a few weeks.

- Am I guessing that the Windows 10 laptop is screwing everything up?  The laptop says it is set at 1920x1080 but it is clearly cut off on all sides of the screen.

Something is clearly not working because when i go into GIMP and make a file 1920x1080 pixels and view it at 100% on the screen, a significant portion is cut off.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:58:57 PM by digital_sign »

digital_sign

• View Profile
Re: Rookie here. Working on Some hardware issues, please help!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 04:10:25 PM »
Also, will I have problems with my LGTV working with the mediaDROID?

The mediaDROID requires a 1080p and this one says it on the box and online.  But why would my screen say 1080i when my laptop was connected to it?

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rookie here. Working on Some hardware issues, please help!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 07:10:33 PM »
Are you connecting the laptop with TV on HDMI or VGA? Try directly connecting the laptop instead of dual monitor. Most of the laptops support 1366X768  unless the laptop u have has a higher graphics display. Also do check the monitor refresh rate 60 or 72 hz and try which works better

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines