September 18, 2020, 04:02:51 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Calendar picture delivery  (Read 2078 times)

gchambers

• View Profile
Calendar picture delivery
« on: December 04, 2015, 11:50:30 AM »
Looking for some advice on how to display pictures on certain days.  Google calendar fills the need of being able to display certain text on specific days that a customer can use.  The picassa and other components allow you to display pictures but without a calendar control.  I would like to not only display text but also display an image(s) on specific days. Either along with the text or without any text.  This needs to be accomplished outside of the media signage environment as my customers do not have access to the software.  Does anyone know a way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Calendar picture delivery
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »
See if you can use zapier.com; Its a tool to automate two tasks in cloud say a google calender and tumblr..

gchambers

• View Profile
Re: Calendar picture delivery
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 05:17:25 PM »
Thanks for the idea ANOOP.  I checked out zapier and ifttt and they both have some pretty cool backend tools that I think the media signage could benefit from.  Anyway, although not elegant, I did find a way to accomplish the task by using google drive and ifttt.  If anyone is interested, I would be happy to share info.
Thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines