June 26, 2019, 02:56:48 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Switching pc audio off  (Read 1945 times)

usdharris

• View Profile
Switching pc audio off
« on: November 21, 2015, 02:24:43 PM »
I have a pc running signage player that we feed a local audio input that feeds through when running signage. When I want to run a video on the signage, I would like to switch off (mute) the line in jack. Is it possible to send commands through the player to do this? Thanks

GonzaK

• View Profile
Switching pc audio off
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 04:17:56 PM »
Not sure how to turn off the mic, but if youre going to edit the video, you can mute or delete the audio track in your post-production process.Jon

StarVue

• View Profile
Re: Switching pc audio off
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 06:18:52 PM »
Not sure if you can do it internally within the PC, but my solution would be run all of your audio through an audio "DUCKER".

Take your local audio into the "DUCKER" on the LINE INPUT, then feed the PC audio into the AUX input, then the main output to your Speakers/TV/Amplifier/etc...
Set the sensitivity & levels; then when the "DUCKER" senses the PC audio it "DUCKS" or mutes the LINE INPUT.

Example device: Rolls DU30b Audio Ducker   ($80 from B&H)

Problem solved!!   ;D  (Hopefully)
    -StarVue

usdharris

• View Profile
Re: Switching pc audio off
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 06:35:22 AM »
I went with a version of the above suggestion.

I had a Broadcast tools switcher that I re-purposed. I run the external audio into one channel and the computer output into the second channel. I am running Pira.cz Silence Detector and setting up a silence detect output to drive the COM port and switch the Broadcast tools box. It effectively runs silence all the time until a video plays on the computer, then it switches the switcher off. I have it set with a 6 second delay and hopefully there aren't too many times it switches during a video playing. It seems to be good for now so I'll see how it continues.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines