December 13, 2018, 05:49:52 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Move stations from one account to another?  (Read 6256 times)

jasonwgreen

• View Profile
Move stations from one account to another?
« on: October 12, 2015, 11:03:38 AM »
I'm hoping there is an easy solution to this question that I'm missing:

I manage multiple end-user clients under my enterprise account.  Occasionally we need to move a station from one client to another, but we don't want to have to physically access the android computer and hook up a keyboard and de-register it and re-register it under another client account.

Almost everything else can be copied from one account to another, but can I move a station from one account to another?

Please let me know how.
Thanks!

jasonwgreen

• View Profile
Re: Move stations from one account to another?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 02:08:29 PM »
To clarify, we have many stations and our business model is more like a billboard model.

Customer A might license a station for a year. If they end the relationship, customer B will then license the same station.
Now we have to dispatch someone to re-register the station in person. This gets very expensive.

It seems like a natural and easy extension of the current data model to make the station ownership editable from the enterprise main user account, in a similar manner to the way campaigns and resources can be easily copied from one user account to another.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Move stations from one account to another?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 04:18:19 PM »
If you are using Windows players, then why not simply remote into the player and make the changes.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines