November 29, 2020, 01:49:06 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Export mp4 video file  (Read 4143 times)

gchambers

• View Profile
Export mp4 video file
« on: August 06, 2015, 11:55:07 PM »
It would be great to see an export campaign to mp4 feature.  Currently, you cannot export any campaigns other than using the html or embed functionality.  With these, they do not size text and scenes to fit on different screen resolutions like videos and images.  Additionally, having this export feature will allow users to create digital signage content for customers that don't want an online managed application.

Thanks!

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Export mp4 video file
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 03:28:27 AM »
We have moved so ahead with the technology that running a video of the campaign may not make a good choice.. You could always use a Moviemaker and create that campaign :)
On a short cut though i would suggest you could use screen recording softwares and make a video,

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 04:29:04 AM »
I was getting ready to say the same thing Anoop. The reason why several of my recent clients have hired me was because they were doing just that, playing looping videos. The content changed constantly and they tired of building new videos all of the time.The entire point of digital signage is that it is dynamic. @gchambers if your content will not work offline for some reason with MS software, then you may want to take a look at SCALA. Most content will cache just fine with MS. Let us know what content you are trying to display offline and why you are having trouble.

gchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 08:47:07 AM »
Thanks Anoop and Criley for your input...
In most cases, I use media signage for my customers for all the reasons you both mentioned as it is a selling point for me as well.  My feature request is really to address the resolution sizing problem that media signage has related to html and embedding.  I cannot send a sample of my work to a customer utilizing the html or embed code because I use scenes and text in my campaigns which do not scale in size to different screen resolutions.  If I have created a 1920 x 1080 campaign (with scenes and text) and send the html or embed code to a customer to view, they must view it at 1920 x 1080 to see the campaign elements displayed in the correct positions on the screen.  If the customer wanted to display the campaign on their website in a size different than the resolution that the campaign was created in, I would have to re-create it with a different size (when using scenes and text) so it would display correctly on the website.  If the html or embed function offered this, the mp4 option would not be needed.  Also, some customers do not have internet access at the location of their sign (remote location) and their needs do not require dynamic content.  Would be nice to be able to put together the campaign using the same software so I can eventually move the customer over to an internet enabled configuration when they are ready.

Greg

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 09:06:27 AM »
Then scree capture software is the best bet for you Greg. I recommend Cantasia Studio to build the professional content you require. This will allow you to also edit it and annotate it to show/point out the features to your clients.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines