October 01, 2020, 09:54:24 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Display Upside Down  (Read 7528 times)

Concorde

• View Profile
Display Upside Down
« on: August 12, 2014, 12:55:10 PM »
I am using the both the droid 90 and droid 150 in Portrait Mode but the picture is upside down how can I rotate the image 180 degrees?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Display Upside Down
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 08:55:16 AM »
The android rom doesnt support rotating the screen resolution. So you will need to either physically rotate the TV screen or upload images that are upside down (easier if TVs are already mounted).

JMH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 01:20:13 AM »
Beware: most televisions will break if you mount them upside down. Most consumer screens aren't even able to support portrait. Professional screens are able to be mounted in landscape or portrait (1 way only!) and angle of 15 degrees. If you mount them upside down they won't last that long and you won't have warranty.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 05:42:49 AM »
And for those of you wondering why that is..... HEAT. The vents and fans are designed in a way so that it can be mounted in a specific configuration. Mount it wrong and the heat will not escape, melting your board. Well not truly melting.

StarVue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 06:41:17 AM »
I know this post is a bit old, but I have successfully rotated a MedaiDROID-150V (Vertical/Portrait) from it's original orientation - 180 degrees!
REASON: I am using commercial displays and they rotate +90 degrees from horizontal, not -90 degrees as the MediaDROIDS were initially setup, this resulted in the image being upside-down.

>>I talked in Live-Chat about this issue & was told this was "not possible"...I always accept those terms as a challenge.  ;)

If anyone is interested please let me know, I will share what I did - but be warned: you will need Android OS knowledge to achieve this.
- StarVue

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 08:14:31 AM »
tx for posting...

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines