July 23, 2019, 09:29:03 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: T.V. Tuner Card  (Read 28021 times)

jcwu

• View Profile
Re: T.V. Tuner Card
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 10:02:06 PM »

If you are getting a black screen after 10 seconds, it's gotta be something with the settings...
Try and play with it some more. Let us know how it goes...

Would this be settings in Virtual VCR?  Would you be able to post a profile.vcr file that I could use?

I installed Virtual VCR, and only changed the settings mentioned in the video tutorial for Virtual VCR, but something's not working right, and I'm not sure what other settings I should be playing with.

Thanks,
Jason

jcwu

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 09:43:06 PM »

If you are getting a black screen after 10 seconds, it's gotta be something with the settings...
Try and play with it some more. Let us know how it goes...

Would this be settings in Virtual VCR?  Would you be able to post a profile.vcr file that I could use?

I installed Virtual VCR, and only changed the settings mentioned in the video tutorial for Virtual VCR, but something's not working right, and I'm not sure what other settings I should be playing with.

Thanks,
Jason

I thought I'd follow up with my problems:

Turns out the output going black was specific to ONE DVD!  I was using a Curious George DVD that was lying around, and at the main menu, if you leave it there without starting the movie, after about 10 seconds the output goes black.  Other DVDs I tried didn't have this problem.  Who'd have thought!!

I haven't tried the DVD with a different player, but.. what an odd problem.

Still haven't been able to get Virtual VCR to work correctly, BUT the Capture/Camera component's frame rate is much better now that we're using a more powerful machine (Core2 Duo 2.66GHz).  There's still interlacing problems, but this will suffice until we figure out how to get Virtual VCR running correctly.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 03:25:53 PM »
We now support the new HD card using the mediaTV.
See this: http://mediasignage.com/html/mediatv.html

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines