September 21, 2019, 10:16:45 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: flash 10.1 compatability  (Read 4154 times)

charlieb7

• View Profile
flash 10.1 compatability
« on: October 01, 2010, 12:24:03 PM »
Some time ago you touted the advantages that Flash payer 10.1 would offer ie better performance using lower cost hardware.I am trying to get my head around the requirements for using Flash player 10.1 on a new player I am going to build. Feel free to challenge or correct any of my assumptions.

It is my understanding that to take full advantage of Flash player 10.1 ability to off load processing to the graphics adapter, the graphics adapter has to have a compatible driver. The Flash 10.1 support info from adobe lists compatible drivers for the 10.1 player but most of them are for windows 7.  In short could you discuss the player hardware requirements in order to use flash player 10.1 with windows xp in a mini ATX format in order to take advantage of the Flash player 10.0 ability to use the graphics processor to the fullest extent

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: flash 10.1 compatability
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 11:50:11 AM »

logtech1946

• View Profile
Re: flash 10.1 compatability
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 08:56:13 PM »
I did download drivers from http://www.nvidia.com/object/adobe_flashplayer_plus_nvidia.html to improve performance. I use ATX form with Atom CPU and Windows 7 OS. I got two scenarios.

1. The zone I put Media Rss could not play video with blank. I checked CPU load is only 60%. So, this is not power issue. It is possible OS or SignagePlayer( I use the lastest version) issue
2. At SignagePlayer Web(IE browser) play Media Rss well except a error#2036 appeared first.

So, what's wrong with me?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines