November 18, 2019, 07:46:44 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Version 1.9 issues  (Read 5715 times)

ayukawa

• View Profile
Version 1.9 issues
« on: February 19, 2010, 07:50:13 AM »
Hi,
I decided to give version 1.9 a go since I really was looking forward to the timeline bug fix when composing screens using the editor.  Here is a start at some things that seem odd so far.  I did update both my desktop signage studio and signage airplayer to v1.9.  I'm assuming that this was the right thing to do.
1)  minor:  when updating the information in the outline tab while in the editor, the changes are impossible to read if you are just renaming a resource.  The text gets all overlapped.
2)  major: my timeline that used to work in v1.8x, now is totally hosed.  It seems to hang on the first element in the timeline.  I've restarted the player and the studio editor and did another update without
any improvement.
3)  not sure:  seems to not always like to do the update back to the fileserver. 

So at this point, it seems like two steps back ... for me at least.
My next test will be to rebuild the timeline and see if that fixes it.  All the scenes seem to play clean in the studio app.
/Mike

ayukawa

• View Profile
Re: Version 1.9 issues
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 08:17:43 AM »
4)  all my "Label" resources went strange on the stage and I needed to resize the text box manually to get things to redisplay in a sane manner.  Very odd.

BTW, I'm suspicicous that there is a 10^3 timing bug somewhere in the timeline code.  The reason I say this is that my demo screen seems to be very slowly executing an alpha command.  I enter the timing in milliseconds but I'm wondering if the player is executing as if it was coded in seconds.  When I test things in signage studio, they behave sanely.  I'm going to shutdown the player, run CCleaner and reboot.
/Mike

ayukawa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 09:12:02 AM »
Well, I'll take back the timing bug I just posted.  Probably not that.  Still doesn't work with many scenes I created in v1.8.  Or at least, doesn't behave as one would expect, even when playing back the content in the editor window.  And it hangs when playing back on a web browser as well (actually, doesn't get through the loading, stuck at BlockCameraPlayer.swf).  Doesn't look very promising.  I may well roll back to 1.8 shortly.  I'm now getting worried about transitioning to v2. How much of my content is going to need reauthoring?  Maybe I'll go back to developing most of my content in Flash and just upload swf files.
/Mike

ayukawa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 09:37:33 AM »
OK. Rolled by my signage players to 1.8.185.  Seems to work so far.  Or at least it no longer hangs.
Even with updating my AIR app didn't help 1.9.  So I would say there is something up with the 1.9 SignagePlayer.  At least for me with authored scene content.  Nothing fancy either.  That is coming shortly.
/Mike

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 10:14:30 AM »
We did fix a couple of issues.
Please try today's build 1.9.96
Regards,

Eddie - MediaSignage.com

ayukawa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 11:01:36 AM »
This would be on the player side?  BTW, will this fix the timeline bug?  For me right now, it still starts the timer for all events from the start of the timeline, not from the start of the composed scene (I rolled back to 1.8.185 player).  Needless to say, this is a major hassle when building timelines with animation of a few resources. Thanks, Mike

ayukawa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 11:12:57 AM »
Eddie,
I just re-installed the latest 1.9x player and it hangs.  I rolled back (again) to the 1.8x player and it at least plays.  What's up?  /Mike

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 11:39:01 AM »
ok checking your settings now.
Talking to David on messenger.

ayukawa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 12:23:41 PM »
David,
Well, seems to work now with v1.9.99.  Not much room until the v2 release!
Thanks for resolving this promptly.  I lost my DSL connection and the
online support widget seemed to get messed up.  Thanks again.
/Mike

ayukawa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 09:32:49 AM »
Hi, me again.  Not sure if this is a new bug or not, but not all the fonts I use in signage studio LABEL component, seem to display on the signage player on the first play through the sequence.  It seems to get sorted out either after a bit of time or after playing through the sequence.  This is on release 1.9.102 (for both).  /Mike

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 11:49:19 AM »
Yes, that is by design as we not support loadable fonts and soon will have over 1000 new fonts.
So first few seconds will show default until the font it loaded, once loaded it will stay cached.
Eric.

hobbes1808

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 08:17:45 PM »
Just an additional issue, maybe related to some of these listed.

I have had a Lable box on a scene, and now that we have installed 1.9, when we delete the box, it comes right back ... all the time.  We got rid of it by setting the x/y coordinates at negative values. 

Let me know if you want more details. 

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 08:34:57 PM »
hobbes1808,
I tried and worked for me.
Can you email me your account login and tell me exactly which Scene / Label is coming back?
Thanks,
Regards,

Sean - MediaSignage.com
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:46:26 PM by admin »

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines