November 13, 2019, 05:57:18 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Google Calendar Component  (Read 5192 times)

michael.lafrance

• View Profile
Google Calendar Component
« on: June 10, 2015, 12:52:04 PM »
I must say I'm thrilled to have the Google Calendar Component. I can see it being very useful in my campaigns. The only issue I'm having is that the events play in the order of the "Updated" field not in order by "Start time". Before someone say something, the Random box is not checked. When I noticed the events were not sequencing correctly by start date, I added the "Updated" field to my scene and low and behold they were following that date/time sequence. Is there a way around this or is this something we can look for in a future update/release? I would assume most users would want their events to sequence by "Start date", but maybe I'm wrong.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Google Calendar Component
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 01:08:43 PM »
no problem, will update with PR to get it fixed...

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 10:35:42 AM »
The start time and end time is there a way to change the format from mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yy . Also can i just get the timings alone say if i have three events for the day i dont want to display the date just the time, i will display the date as today or take it from the clock

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 01:42:33 PM »
adding to the TO-DO list.
Anoop, since I know you are a HEAVY user of the platform, I want to ask you...
Do you have any bugs to report? we want to make sure we clean every single bug and I am sure you would know since I know you push the mediaCLOUD to it's limits :)

Sean.

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 07:36:43 PM »
Whenever i find bugs i am putting it across..
Another thing that needs to be added in the calendar is the Where field.. If there are multiple venues inside the same place for example an university then we could display that

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 08:33:00 AM »
ok but anything specific I should know about?

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 08:50:27 AM »
I have attached a snapshot of the google calender : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70663178/calender.jpg
This has a where field that i have put as Elvis Hall.. Similarly if i have multiple halls I will have to put different venues.This name is not appearing in the signage as "where" field is not there. To overcome that i had to create seperate calenders for each room u can see i have created a calender for elvis room and then i will have to put multiple calenders in the timeline, I hope that is clear.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 09:54:31 AM »
we will be adding a filter capability soon...
any bugs.. AT ALL, to report?  8)

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 11:53:34 AM »
1.One bug is in the clock scene imported from the global scenes if you make the clock type 7 which gives flipped time of HH:MM:SS the time does not change as we change the offset time.
2.I have tested all the social tools everything works fine.. Twitter keeps giving blank screen quite often.
3.Another one problem that i have encountered is the swf files that we compile from adobe it works properly when we run in a swf player but when we put it in the studio or signage player it runs fast or keeps looping.. this happened after 4.30 version.. Not sure if my person is making any mistake as i am not well versed in flash. I can share the source files if we needed.

gchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 12:51:00 PM »
Thought I would chime in here since ANOOP was talking about some of the other new components...I have not yet tried the google calendar but I will be putting it through its paces here shortly as I have a project that will require it.
I am extremely happy to see the google drive component as this solves a major problem for me as it relates to randomizing content for many of my customers that are using the same timeline.  I have put this component through a couple of pretty rigorous test sessions the last few days and have found that there is an issue with videos and pictures displaying.  Videos and pictures start displaying and then a few seconds later restart over again as well as videos not playing all the way through.  I have been in contact with the chat line and they have been testing with me so I believe that digital signage has enough data to resolve the issue and I hope it is soon.  Otherwise the google drive component is a game changer for those of us that are looking for an easy way to integrate pictures and videos from multiple sources.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 07:53:51 PM »
- new twitter will release soon
- as for swf, try and set 24fps or higher
- we will look into the google drive issue this week and report back... did you make sure to click check off respect content length as well as remove repeat to fit on the channel that the google drive resources are on?

- as for the clock, we will developer a new gen clock in upcoming releases

regards
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 07:55:54 PM by admin »

gchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 01:16:11 PM »
As far as the google drive issue, we tried it with respect content length on and off as well as repeat to fit.  We also tried it with images, mp4's, and flv,'s...

Look forward to the new twitter and hoping images will be included...

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 08:23:28 AM »
yes images will be included as well in Twitter v3

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines