July 15, 2020, 06:09:12 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: New Studio Components  (Read 2209 times)

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New Studio Components
« on: May 26, 2015, 05:23:25 AM »
Facebook Component looks cool.. Getting that token looks crazy.. Anyway will try work on that shortly..
I can see two more components World weather and Advertising.. Any videos for that?

Lot of small retailers have started getting worried with the e-commerce companies and they now want to invest on touch screen kiosks that can give better experience than e-commerce sites and i am sure kiosks can do that.. Unfortunately in our system we don't have a search engine built in..If we can build that tool along with order management  will be helpful for small pop and mom stores..

Been using Digital signage for last 6 years as an enterprise user I have seen how the product has matured and delivered fantastic services ; 2 things that i have opened every day in my PC is Google browser and Signage Studio :)

Look forward to more features and components

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Studio Components
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 10:47:15 AM »
what do you mean "needing a search engine"?

and we will soon post more video tutorials on new components

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 09:34:16 PM »
Say we are displaying multiple (more than 100) products and categories in a touch screen kiosk , we can create scene for each product and then allow the users of the kiosk to search for these scenes for example if we type s then all the scenes that start with s can be displayed and then the person can go through the product details.

I think this could be built along the collection component with every scene name being searchable when a user searches for a product.. say i have 10 mobile phone models of Samsung then i can create 10 scenes with each scene having a video, prices and features of the product and all all these 10 scenes inside the component when a user enters the first letter of the model number then all the product names could be dropped down and when user select the name then the scene could be played.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:01:26 PM by ANOOP »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 08:36:20 AM »
got it.... well around end of year you will be very impressed with a brand new touch system that will be released.
and as for the advertising component, its just the old mediaADNET that is being refactored so ignore it for now.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines