July 15, 2020, 07:30:52 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: AirPlayer data  (Read 4167 times)

James

• View Profile
AirPlayer data
« on: January 27, 2010, 02:17:57 PM »
Where are the cached player resources download on the windows version of the media player?

Is the cached automatically cleaned?

It appears that using the export and import feature (when not network access is available) exports all the resources for the company, not just the resources assigned to a specific timeline or specific station. This seems like a waste od disk space.

I am concerned because some media players, like that built into the Samsung CXn serries have very limited internal disk space. Even the black box, with 80GB will soon fill up with the Media RSS cache if not cleaned regularly.

James

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: AirPlayer data
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:08:18 PM »
The cache is located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\SignagePlayer.XXXXXXXXXXXXX.1\Local Store\businessXXXX\Resources

under XP and c:\users\... in Windows 7.

In Linux it's /hone/user/.appdata/SignagePlayer.XXXXX.1/Local Store/businessXXX/Resources

Regards,

Eric - MediaSignage.com

James

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 12:27:44 PM »
Eric,

Could you please address my other two questions, namely; is the cached cleaned automatically and does the export/import really transfer every filein the business resources?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 07:33:44 AM »
Caching is cleared every several months as the agent runs and removes none active content.
We will be optimization caching in release 2.1.
As for the Export / Import, I will get back to you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines