July 15, 2020, 06:50:45 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Support for AVI file type  (Read 6117 times)

James

• View Profile
Support for AVI file type
« on: January 21, 2010, 10:07:18 AM »
I've tried several suggestions for different conversion programs to convert .avi files to supported file types for mediasignage, but they all display jumpy and in poor quality. I've tried SuperC, QuickMediaConverter and others.

I need help from someone who knows what converter program to use and all the settings to get a 2MB .avi file (that runs perfectly and smoothly on the media player using VLC) as an FLV or SWF file. I need to convert it to FLV or SWF to run on MediaSignage with the same smoothness and quality as VLC shows it.

Of Course, if Media Signage would support .avi file types, all this would not be necessary.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Support for AVI file type
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 08:14:36 PM »
You can use avi natively using VLC, we recommend FLV H.264 for best results.

Eddie.

James

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 10:15:33 AM »
Using VLC in MediaSignage is not stable enough to use yet, in my opinion.

Is this technical or a license issue for not supporting .avi? Something that is coming, but not yet on your worklist? You may know of some, but I am not aware of any other digital sigange providers that do not let you drop in .avi files to a project ot playlist.

ReggaeLady

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »
Hi James,
I use 'Any video converter' to convert all my files I convert to mp4 and they seem ok. Its free see website: http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Hope this helps,
Sharon

James

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 02:18:56 PM »
Thanks forthe suggestion Sharon. I  dwnloaded and tried the application and found that the quality was not as good as QMV. MP4 looks good on an iPOD, but not on a 40" LFD.

It is frustrating that I have to convert nice quality .avi video files to lower quality and often LARGER flv/swf/mp4 files to play on mediasignage.

Sarin Samuel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 04:23:17 AM »
Digital Media Converter is  a free video converter software that converts every type of media file. No adware, and completely virus free.  Supports almost any file format and it is a fast converter. It also does batch conversion and perfectly keeps your audio and video in sync.
(deskshare.com/media-converter.aspx)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines