July 14, 2020, 11:16:10 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Problem with German language and RSS-feed  (Read 3763 times)

Peter

• View Profile
Problem with German language and RSS-feed
« on: December 07, 2009, 02:19:26 PM »
Hi,
i have a problem, in Germany and some other countries we have special letters. These letters are not used in America and other countries. It is for example ä (ae), ö (oe), ü (ue), etc, they called here -Umlaute-. We have these letters are also in the German RSS feeds. Insert a German RSS feed into your original Component -RSS news- brings errors in the text. Question: is there a possibility to make this accessible. The other hand i think, the Component -RSS news- is useless - unfortunately

regards

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with German language and RSS-feed
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 09:05:34 PM »
Hello,
In 2010 we will add the ability to add custom fonts.
Once we add this feature you will be able to add your own ttf fonts thus making it possible to read German.

Regards,

Eddie - MediaSignage.com

Bucksy

• View Profile
Re: Problem with German language and RSS-feed
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 01:58:48 PM »
Hi Eddie,
You advised Peter about 6 years ago that the foreign language fonts problem will be taken care of.
I started working with your SignageStudio today and also experienced, that fonts like Ä/ä, Ü/ü, and
Ö/ö are show without the funny dots on top. Is there any solution to get the said fonts shown?
The font style I used was simply Arial and I am working with a traditional German keyboard.

Thanks for your reply in advance,
Frank

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines