August 20, 2019, 08:57:53 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: SocketTimeoutException on new mediaDROID-150  (Read 2618 times)

enrobso

• View Profile
SocketTimeoutException on new mediaDROID-150
« on: March 07, 2015, 09:40:45 AM »
I just received two mediaDROID-150 unites and they both show "SocketTimeoutException" and I can't get past the Signage Player connect screen see in the attached image. These are out of the box units from DigitalSignage.com.

I have verified internet works both using wired and wireless with no proxies or firewalls and have cleared the Signage App data and forced it to stop several times, rebooted and still getting stuck with "SocketTimeoutException" when it launches again.

Running Andriod 4.2.2
Signage Controller: 1.0.144
SignagePlayer: 4.20.15

Please help!

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 10:22:04 AM by enrobso »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SocketTimeoutException on new mediaDROID-150
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 03:31:20 PM »
when you click connect, it should connect to load signagecontroller...and the message will stop appearing

enrobso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 06:38:20 AM »
The problem is that I can't click connect..  I am trying using the remote that came with the mediaDROID and can't do anything on the Signage Player connect screen.

JMH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 06:57:58 AM »
Do you see any mousecursor popup when using the remote? You can also try any (wireless) universal USB mouse.

enrobso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 07:01:40 AM »
No mouse cursor present. I can try using a usb attached mouse, but would have thought I could just use the included remote to navigate the player app.

JMH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 07:21:48 AM »
I'm not sure what included remote you're refering to, because I use MS software in combination with my own Android players. But I always control those with a Logitech K400 keyboard, which is a wireless keyboard with touchpad. You should see a mousecursor in Android when using a mouse. As Admin already stated, you have to press Connect. After that you can fill in your login credentials (account and password). Than the player will be visible in the station manager.

enrobso

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 07:53:20 AM »
I ordered the mediaDROID-150 from the DitialSignage.com store, the device came with an IR remote to control it. Remote works great for navigating the box, except for the Signage Payer app. As per advice, I just tried using a mouse in the USB port and the cursor appeared and all is good now. If would have been nice if that tip was included in the instructions that came in the box. I wouldn't have thought you could hook up a mouse to an Android device.

Thanks for your help all.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:19:59 AM »
On the remote control that came with it, you need to press the RED button at the bottom and the mouse cursor will appear on the screen and you can control the cursor via the directional keypad on the remote. Not as easy as a real mouse but works nonetheless.

JMH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 12:17:44 AM »
Glad it worked out. Have fun with your product.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines