November 27, 2021, 03:43:51 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Beware the New Energy Star problems.  (Read 8002 times)

AVX

• View Profile
Beware the New Energy Star problems.
« on: January 13, 2010, 07:08:31 PM »
We just a launched a 4 locations system with 3 LG 47LH30 TV/Monitors per location.  They are Consumer Grade.  We liked LG as they were well priced and had been using previous models in Bar Installations where they run 14 hours a day with no problems. 

My Testing TV is a LG LCD and  about a year old.  Ran content simulations for 2 months and had no problems on my year old LG.

So hear is the problem with the new TV's

Problem one:  TV's turn themselves off after 10 hours if no input change, Volume adjustment or Menu function is used.  (Had to call Tech Support and they explained its an Energy Star feature in the latest revision)

Problem Two:  No Standby mode available through the HDMI input.

Problem Three:  When using the internal Turn On and Turn Off Feature based on the TV's internal clock the TV will Turn off 2 hours after Turning on Via Clock if no other adjustment are used on the TV.  (Thats in the Manual)

So I have 12 TV's installed that have to be manually turned on twice a day since they are open from 5 AM to 11 PM.

So Lesson Learned either buy and try a consumer set before each install or just use Commercial Monitors.

I am having to install a Control4 Processor at each TV that will send on Commands every hour and a Off command at 11 PM to resolve this problem  A Costly and embarrassing mistake for my AV Company.

I also called a friend of mine who repairs LG TV's and he was not able to find a way to resolve this in the service menu.

Good Luck out there...

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Beware the New Energy Star problems.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 09:16:16 PM »
IMHO, use Commercial Monitors, they work !!!

Eddie - MediaSignage.com

DelrayDigital

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 07:06:56 AM »
Thx for the heads up AVX! We're all trying to find our customers inexpensive solutions to generate business in this economy. I've considered using consumer grade as well - thanks for the lesson learned! Sorry that you had to learn the hard way...

AVX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 08:18:04 AM »
Update... Had an My LG Rep meet me at the facility.  The 47LH30 Consumer TV is the exact same model as the LG Professional 47LH300C.  The only difference is the Firmware.   LG has a special menu in the commercial sets called Public Display Settings.   I am now trying to upgrade the firmware on my sets to give me the public settings menu.  FYI.. Cost on 47LH30 is $700-800 ...  Cost on 47LH300C is $1399.00.     I remember when Professional sets were lower priced than consumer sets.   
As a Custom AV company we installed at least a hundred Pioneer and Sony Professional Sets over the last few years.  We have had to replace every Sony we installed and about 1/3 of the Pioneers have had to be serviced.  LG has been a great product for us until now.  (However I am to blame for this problem)..  Their warranty and service repair has been quick to respond.  Does anybody else have anything good to say about Samsung Pro, Panasonic Pro etc...?

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 02:49:12 AM »
Are they charging this 600$ additional just for the changes in firmware ??? or is there an anything additional??

Anoop

AVX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 09:10:57 AM »
Just a firmware change.. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines