October 01, 2020, 03:49:42 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Memory Leakage  (Read 4637 times)

James

• View Profile
Memory Leakage
« on: December 28, 2009, 05:58:32 AM »
Running 1.8.185

I am running a two-timeline campaign that develops odd behavior (missing components, etc.) then the player reboots after a few iterations.

Running task manager while it is running, I've noticed that PF Usage just keeps rising and rising each time the timeline changes. Then it gets to max memory and halts. It looks like PF USage drops way down and the player reboots again.

I've also modified one timeline to have the conent of the two timelines run in one channel and it does the same thing.

James

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Memory Leakage
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 08:03:50 AM »
You are sure you are not using the private build 1.9?
As we did not run into any issues like these in 1.8

James

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 06:48:05 AM »
No, I am using 1.8, but I think I found the problem. The Blackbox unit I am using did not have any page files set up for virtual memory support. With only 1GB onboard, the larger campaigns were using all the memory and blowing up. I set min to 1500 and max to 3000MB and it seems to be working now, but I have not had enough time to test it further.

logtech1946

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 03:26:18 PM »
Hi James

Today I have the same situation to run two timelines with video and the screen was crashed and never restored after reboot. It seems that you fixed the issue by limitting memory.How you configured?

James

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 11:52:38 PM »
I had to change the Windows Virtual memory setting. Mine were set to None. I changed my settings to those I mentioned above.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 07:31:31 AM »
Great catch James.
It seems that the last release of the mediaBOX had the Virtual memory set as disabled (Windows only) (not sure how setting reverted), in any case I will make sure this gets fixed on our next image release. Thanks for the feedback,

Just want to confirm you are running Windows right?

David - MediaSignage.com

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines