April 02, 2020, 08:17:54 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Variables  (Read 2164 times)

ppaquet

• View Profile
Variables
« on: February 23, 2015, 11:42:03 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm new to this whole SignageStudio thing, but I've watch quite a few tutorials already, so I have a good idea how things work. I'm wondering, what would be the best way, if any, to create variables in the system. Let me explain... we need to create a template where a user could input a value for a countdown and he might need to adjust this countdown multiple times a day. Idealy, if this could be done from an HTML file or any other way so the user doesnt have to log in to Studio to do so...

Your help is greatly appreciated.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Variables
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 11:58:46 AM »

ppaquet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 09:26:34 AM »
Thanks, but when I try to replicate the tutorial, I dont see the "Send commands to station" in Privileges.

Any help?

ppaquet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 09:56:58 AM »
Also, I'm still trying to figure out how to send a remote value to a Countdown and can't seem to wrap my head around it... I understand how it's done to a Label, but I can't figure out how to do this with a Countdown and this is THE feature we need to go ahead and buy this solution for our business.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 10:01:56 AM »
Thanks, but when I try to replicate the tutorial, I dont see the "Send commands to station" in Privileges.

Any help?

we dont use the send commands to stations privilege anymore. As long as you're using a valid username and password the events will be triggered accordingly.

ppaquet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 10:24:25 AM »

Any help?

we dont use the send commands to stations privilege anymore. As long as you're using a valid username and password the events will be triggered accordingly.

I see. So any user with absolutely no privileges would work?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines