January 28, 2020, 03:06:02 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Wish List  (Read 3317 times)

ReggaeLady

• View Profile
Wish List
« on: December 21, 2009, 08:25:52 AM »
Hi,
Just a few items for my wish list having used another system.

1) Incremental polling to the server for auto updates (Once online each unit polls ever so often checking for updates - (Auto update every 5 mins hence no need for rebooting for updates as this is hard on the win xp system...I find that xp freezes at times on a station update)
2) Drag and dropping of resources Within channels in campaigns.
3) Unit Manager. showing Stats/ last update/ CPU info (usage/health) etc. so we can easily follow history of the unit and know status.
4) Ability to create folders to file resources.
5) Ability to know when uploading a file with the same name - Overwrite or change that particular resource Globally. ( Alert of dupes)
6) Ability to make Global changes(Across the network).
7) When deleting a resource it is taken out globally but leaves the Gaps in the campaign - Need a way to auto close these gaps to prevent dead zones in campaigns - Eliminate the need to go to each player to close the gaps)
8 ) Ability to drag and drop items more easily.
9) File time lines seem buggy as not always showing the time-line of the resource and even if it does it does not always stay.
10) Ability to pre-setup resources (Full ad campaigns) and to be able to drag and drop within players.
11) MOST IMPORTANT: The ability to get an Alert (Email/SMS) when a system is offline (Lost Internet).

All I can think about for now. :)

SM
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 09:03:48 AM by admin »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Wish List
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:03:18 AM »
Thanks for the heads up,  we have most of this listed on our current road map.

Regards,

Sean - MediaSignage.com

AndrewL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:04:00 AM »
Hey Guys, You're doing a fantastic job and I love the flexiblity of your software.

Just wanted to add a couple of items of request:

We like to split our screen with a main video and then a side bar with news.
on the news side bar we like to put things like events/dates times, store hours, and plenty more information, but when the label is full of text I have to create another scene using the editor.

It can be a small pain because I cannot duplicate my already existing scene and then go and edit the text so I can rotate between side bar 1 and side bar 2 scenes.  What I'd really love to do is be able to fill a label with all the information and have an option for it to scroll up like an rss feed!

Also I mentioned I love the flexiblity of the software above because I love to tweak things... but at times I want someone else to go in and edit a label with new details but most people can't handle instructions so I would love to see this become a bit more 'dummy' proof.  For example, for them to be able to change a message it would be great if there was an option under the navigation list that I would be able to publish my 'changeable labels' there so someone just clicks that, sees the label and nothing else then edits it.  They wouldn't be able to do anything besides change the text.  That would improve my ability to trust people to make changes when I cannot.  This would also work better if I could scroll a label like an rss feed.

Keep up the great work guys!

Thanks,
Andrew

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:32:08 PM »
Multi user is coming in 2.0
System wide Copy / Paste  coming 2.1
Regards,

Eric - MediaSignage.com