January 26, 2022, 04:56:58 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: SignagePlayer.exe has stopped working - PARTLY SOLVED  (Read 4131 times)

teethstraight

• View Profile
SignagePlayer.exe has stopped working - PARTLY SOLVED
« on: February 04, 2015, 02:11:10 PM »
I've manage to isolate this being a problem with the HTML component. I have some custom apps using javascripts which seem to cause Player to crash now and then. As with most problems with this software, it's hit or miss when the problem occurs. Sometimes it handles the script fine, sometimes it does not. I've run the apps on a dedicated player for several hours now, and can determine the app crashes about 60% of the time. Enough to make this a problem for my clients.

What's most frustrating is that it's not a YES or NO bug. The fact that the script can be handled some of the time indicates to me that it's not far off from being capable.

Have emailed mstech to see if they can look into and confirm the crash on their end. Live Chat does not even answer my chat requests anymore.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SignagePlayer.exe has stopped working - PARTLY SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 03:26:40 PM »
as we posted several times, the webkit will be upgraded as an external application since the internal version is powered by Adobe AIR so not something we can change. I recommend you look into ext application using Firefox or use some of the built in methods such as XML component etc...

teethstraight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 07:10:48 AM »
Do you have an ETA on the webkit upgrade?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 08:44:31 AM »
in the next few weeks we will announce a new version loaded with the latest webkit
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:57:54 AM by admin »

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines