July 15, 2020, 06:59:11 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Seamless Content updates  (Read 5934 times)

James

• View Profile
Seamless Content updates
« on: December 19, 2009, 02:13:28 PM »
I wish we could have a smooth transition for one update to the next without seeing the "Signage presentation will resume momentarily". I'd like the player to just download the content while the previos content is playing and then transition to the new content like it does from one scene to the next.

I'd also like the monitor standby feature to work the same way. Wake up and get the content before the Monitor turns on so we don't need to see that message.

James

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Seamless Content updates
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »
Yes, these are improvements we plan on including in 2010

Regards,

Eddie - MediaSignage.com

IPNDDS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 06:40:24 AM »
I second this.  It's frustrating to see this message (whether it's Media Signage or my own company branding) every time you need to push an update to the players.  Once we save the update to the server, the server should automatically push the update to the player at the scheduled time interval and then just begin playing in when its time comes in the timeline loop. 

cams

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 03:40:56 PM »
Can this be changed  "Signage presentation will resume momentarily" as well as the logo when using a reseller account ?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 08:40:54 PM »
You can change the text to your own, if you are a reseller:

http://www.mediasignage.com/html/reseller_video.html?videoNumber=witeLabel.flv

stevegalland

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »
The Tutorial does not explain how to change the "Signage presentation will resume momentarily" text.  Where can I change this text??

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »
The text will picked up from your "Company info" that you provide in the ResellerStudio

stevegalland

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 09:22:07 AM »
I can modify the "Company Name" in the ResellerStudio under "White Label".  When I reboot the players it shows the "Company Name" but immediately under this is the "Signage presentation will resume momentarily" text.  Please explain the steps to edit/remove this message in the Reseller Studio.  I'm using version 2.2.1084.

James

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 10:18:50 AM »
stevegalland , As far as I know, there is no way to change that text at this time. Only the NAME text can be chinged via the reseller studio.

jdub

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 02:13:43 PM »
Yes, these are improvements we plan on including in 2010

Regards,

Eddie - MediaSignage.com

It's Q4 2011...   I'm wondering how things were coming along on this?

We have many events that will have content (videos, still photos ) created and/or altered and need to have the content update on the screens ASAP without going to a "restarting" logo for several minutes first.  When will it be possible to have the new content download in the background and then when it is cached just show up when the current timeline completes?

In the meantime, what is the best workaround for dynamic replacement of content?

IE: replace a video or still image with a "new version"

This is one of only 2 major question marks my company has before we can jump in with both feet.

(the other question mark concerns reliability of the cloud.  I have to assume it is very, very reliable.  But management raised the question so I'm trying to find an "up-time % over the past X months/years" kind of answer to give them if I can)

Beyond these two concerns, we are very impressed with your product and are ready to jump in.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines