November 13, 2019, 05:45:29 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Linux Player connection  (Read 2588 times)

nicothiflo

• View Profile
Linux Player connection
« on: January 26, 2015, 02:30:03 AM »
Hi everybody, i use SignagePlayer on linux (14.04) ; I've ''ver 1.0.20'' of the player.
I want to use this player on linux with mediaCLOUD. But when i launch the player, i've this ..

How i can connect the player to the mediaCLOUD ?

*Edit, i try with 12.04 version of ubuntu, someone have the link of player for linux ?

Sorry for the screen size  ::)
Thank you !
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:57:02 AM by nicothiflo »

ShowIT Media

• View Profile
Re: Linux Player connection
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 04:33:04 AM »
on www.digitalsignage.com click the media cloud label in the grey ribbon, then click download and then click Linux on the label in the grey ribbon.

May I ask why you want linux? The signage player for linux have been depricated a long time ago and are no longer supported?
why not use Windows or an Android player?

I would recommend using Windows as the Android player is a bid questionable and not ready for production use.

The domain you need to connect to if you are using the signage cloud is as it sais in your image, galaxy.signage.me. You shouldt have an option to just use Default server as I remember?

Kind Regards,
Jonas

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 09:26:59 AM »
We have thousands of successful Android deployments in the field, BUT, with Android, CPU stress can create racing conditions which can lead to errors, so it all depends on the content used... So Android is an amazing platform for signage, but has a limit on CPU load.

blackfox123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 01:03:38 PM »
We have thousands of successful Android deployments in the field, BUT, with Android, CPU stress can create racing conditions which can lead to errors, so it all depends on the content used... So Android is an amazing platform for signage, but has a limit on CPU load.

Out of interest, what spec of android players are you using?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines