December 14, 2019, 11:11:26 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Stop sound on external video  (Read 3878 times)

gertkh

• View Profile
Stop sound on external video
« on: December 11, 2009, 10:18:14 PM »
Hi

Is it possible to mute the sound on external videos ?

I have a radio channel as a background audio, but when i play a video the sound from the video is mixed together with the radio channel.

Since it is a external link i do not have the option to convert the file before i play it.

/Gert Kaae Hansen

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stop sound on external video
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 07:11:00 AM »
You can only mute the videos that are part of our system but not external apps.

Eddie.

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 09:58:04 AM »
In a time line i have couple of swf's and jpeg s which do not have sound and few ads which has sound. I also have music player with songs. Is it possible to run the piped music when the swf's and jpegs are running and when the ads are running then the ad's sound should appear, its like giving priority that is whenever movie clip with volume comes then the piped music should mute and when there is no movie clip the piped music should come

AVX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:54:47 PM »
This is a problem we have experienced.  The work around was to create a seperate zone with an internet radio feed and only have the radio feed during the timeline in between  Ads or Videos with audio.  We also tried creating video files with just audio and no video and placed them in a hidden channel. (Since MP3's cannot be place on the timeline)  Did not have a nice random feel to it.  Frankly the Music player is only good when all other content has no audio.   If you have a larger installation with separate speakers we have used line level Audio Sensors that give priority to the Media Player Audio and then switch back to a separate music source like xm or muzak.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines